Saturday, April 21, 2012

S'mores Bars


I've been pretty busy the last couple of days. Last night, we had a date night with TC's sister and her boyfriend. We went to a great local restaurant then went to see the latest in the American Pie franchise, "American Reunion." We had such a great night. We leave for our cruise in less than a week. Because of this, I started packing today. I think I have all of Addison's clothes out and most of mine. I still have to iron them and pack, but this is the hardest part. I have a full week this week at work, so I wanted to get most of the packing done this weekend. It's so great to accomplish something you set out to do.

I've been seeing a lot of tempting recipes on some of the blogs that I follow this past week. I have a lot of new recipes that I want to try. I decided to start with these S'mores Bars. They are really good. They're not really WW-friendly, but I did trim a few points off of each serving. I also saved enough points to allow myself to indulge. I'm so glad I did. Here's the recipe:

S'MORES BARS
adapted from Taste of Home
Servings: 16
Points+: 5


1 c. white flour
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. Splenda
1 egg, at room temperature
1 t. vanilla
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 c. marshmallow creme

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.

Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.

Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.


EXERCISE
I wanted to go for another run today, but Mother Nature had other plans. I'm not a big fan of running in downpours, so I thought maybe I would skip the run today. My knee has been a little sore today, so maybe I'm supposed to rest it for the day. I am still planning to do my weekly Sunday yoga tonight. Since I didn't get my run in, I think I will do Bob's Yoga for the Warror video. That is, of course, if Addison cooperates and goes to bed at a decent time.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment