Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Birthday Waffles

So we have had a pretty busy last week or so. Addison turned 4 on Monday. These last 4 years have flown by a lot quicker than I would have liked them to. She is such a sweet little girl and I love her more and more every day! We had her birthday party on Saturday. The weather wasn't the best, but it could have been a lot worse. The important part is that she had a great time. We really are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that take time out of their busy schedules for events like this. We went out to dinner with family for her actual birthday on Monday, so I didn't get to do what I had planned for her birthday dinner, but I made up for that Tuesday night.

For dinner Tuesday, we had birthday waffles. They were really just the regular Bisquick waffle recipe with some sprinkles added in and then a glaze that I made to go over top of them. She didn't want the glaze, but TC and I enjoyed it. I think that you can make most any dish special just by adding sprinkles to it...well, I guess that would depend on the dish, too. But we all really enjoyed these waffles. Here's the recipe:

BIRTHDAY WAFFLESServings: 12
Points+: 3
adapted from Betty Crocker

2 c. Heartsmart Bisquick Mix
1 1/3 c. milk
1 egg
2 T. canola oil
1/2 c. sprinkles

Heat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Stir ingredients until blended. Pour onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 t. vanilla

Drizzle glaze over waffles just before serving. Add additional sprinkles if desired. Enjoy!



I hope you're all having a great week. I will be 37 weeks on Sunday, which is considered full term. So the baby could be here literally any day now! I'm hoping he holds off until at least the 18th, but I realize that I don't have a lot of control over that. Ha!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment