Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sunday Food Prep

So, in this week's Food & Fitness Plan, I mentioned that I am participating in a 5 Day Clean Eating Challenge. I will be doing a post on that later in the week for you, but I wanted to go over the meal prep that I did for this week on Sunday. I am coming to the end of my time working for the local United Way and honestly, I'm glad that it's coming to an end! My life has been pretty busy since I've been working there. As I've told you before, I am a very structured person, and whenever I get thrown a curveball, I'm not happy. The last 8.5 weeks have been a huge curveball for me. When I am at my usual job, I only live about 3 or 4 miles from where I work. So it's pretty easy for me to swing by the house during lunch time to do some food prep for dinner or to even turn on the slow cooker so dinner is ready for us when we come in the door in the evenings. But with United Way, I am working about 40 minutes away from home, so that definitely isn't an option right now. What I've been doing is to do a lot of my food prep on the weekend. This Sunday, I was definitely in the zone. I got a lot done in just a little bit of time. I was trying to get as much done as possible while Camden napped. Thankfully, it wasn't a short nap! Here is the food prep that I did on Sunday:

• Prepped and roasted a butternut squash to eat with my lunches this week.

• Since, Camden was sleeping, I decided to take my chopper outside to chop the onion and pepper.

• Made the meat sauce we're having for dinner later this week.

• Mixed up and grilled the turkey patties that I'm going to be eating for lunch this week.

• Boiled some eggs for snacks this week.

• Prepped and roasted some chickpeas for snacks this week.

I also browned some ground turkey and soaked the pinto and black beans that I'm using in the Mexican Chili we are having later this week.

Doing all of this on the weekend helps to make things go a little smoother during the week. Since I've done all this, I'm hoping that I might be able to squeeze in some of the workouts I have planned for the week.

Do you food prep?

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment