Thursday, October 16, 2014

Life Lately

Well, hello there! Look at me, writing a post that isn't my typical (as of late) Weekly Food & Fitness post. It's been a while since I've done a post devoted to filling you all in on what has been going on with us lately, so I figured there is no time like the present, right?

The biggest news is that we finally closed on our house on October 3rd.
Since, then we (and by we, I mean TC) have been spending the majority of our time working on getting it ready to move into. Unfortunately, we haven't sold our house yet, so it looks like we will be paying two mortgages for a little while. We've dropped the price of the house a couple of times and have been averaging a showing or two each week, but still haven't had any offers. Fingers crossed it happens soon, right?

There aren't any major renovations that we are doing to the house, except for new carpeting upstairs and down the stairs. So, yeah, I guess there is just one major renovation then. Ha! We have been painting rooms so that we can move the furniture in (hopefully) soon and won't have to move the furniture after we move in. We're not exactly sure when we will be making the official move right now. While we really want to be in the house, we hate to move all of the furniture out of the house we're selling. So we still have to figure that out.

We have gone camping a couple of times this Fall. The first weekend was the second weekend in September for our annual float down the Edisto, which didn't happen because of weather, etc.
The second weekend was the last weekend in September to Edisto beach.

 We love it down there and would love to go back this Fall, but with the new house, we aren't sure if it will happen.

Addison started Kindergarten this year. I did very well on the first day and didn't cry. And I didn't cry after, either. I was pretty proud of myself!
I always imagined I would be a sobbing mess on her first day. I'm so glad that she loves her new school and her teacher. It helps to make it so much easier to drop her off in the morning.

I did the Run or Dye race in September, too. I had meant to run it, but ended up being a little under the weather and had to walk it. We still had a good time though. I might do it again next year.

Camden is still growing like a weed. He is very spoiled, but very sweet and all boy.
Such a huge difference from my little girl! He is into everything, always on the go and has earned himself the nickname of "Destructor." He had a bout of Hand, Foot and Mouth which, of course, coincided with Addison's first week of school and made me a mess. When it rains it pours, right? He was such a little trooper though and was back to his old self pretty quick, even though he still looked pretty pitiful for awhile longer.

I'm still doing my work for United Way. I'll be here until November 7th. It's been quite a learning experience for me. And I'm not going to lie, I'm actually looking forward to going back to my regular job.

So that pretty much sums up our lives lately. It's been a pretty busy Fall for us so far and doesn't look like things are going to slow down anytime soon. But I probably wouldn't know what to do if they did!

Remember, you can follow me on Instagram if you want to be blasted with pictures of our daily life. 

I hope you're all having a great week and have a fantastic weekend! 

So long for today...



 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment