Friday, May 9, 2014

Vega Bars Review

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to receive some Vega Bars to review. This is one of the perks of being a  Sweat Pink Ambassador.

Vega sent me eight different varieties. I received two each of the VegaOne All-in-One Meal Bar, Vega Snack Bar, Vega Sport Energy Bar and Vega Sport Protein Bar. 



One of the great things about these bars is that they're gluten free, plant based, non- GMO and don't include whey protein. I've been trying to include more natural/whole foods in my diet and these fit right in. These are also great for anyone that has food allergies or other sensitivities to certain ingredients.

So how do they taste? My favorite, hands down, was the Apple Cherry Sport Energy Bar. The flavor was so good! I liked the texture, too. Sometimes, energy bars can be pretty bad.

I was having a day at work where I wanted to eat everything in sight. I pulled open my desk drawer and found my stash of Vega Bars. I decided to try the Dark Chocolate Mixed Nuts and Sea Salt. It was delicious and it stopped my hinder right away. I made it the rest of the afternoon without eating a thing! 



I'm not usually a fan of meal replacement bars, but I do understand that when you're crunched for time, it can be hard to eat well. These bars would be great. I did have one for breakfast one day and it kept me full until I had a chance to grab my morning snack, which is usually fruit. So these would be nice to have on hand for those days.

To be completely honest, I wasn't a fan of the protein bars. They seemed to have a gritty texture that I just didn't care for. If I'm going to be using up some points on a protein bar, I want to make sure it's good.

Overall, I really liked these bars. I will definitely be getting some more of them once I'm able to find them in stores. You can find out more about about the Vega company here.

No comments:

Post a Comment