Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Philly Cheese Steak Queso Dip + Weigh-in Wednesday

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you're all safe this morning after all of the storms went through yesterday and last night. We had three storms throughout the day yesterday. The two that went through last night were pretty rough. We actually had one of the shutters ripped off of the front of the house. Luckily, we're all safe though.

I had my weigh-in yesterday morning. While I didn't gain, I also didn't lose. But I'm pretty sure I know the reason for that. I had done really well during the week and I even did well Saturday during the day, but once evening hit, it all went downhill from there. Sunday was just a continuation, too. I got every one of my planned workouts in, too. And I was very happy about that, but I guess it wasn't enough. One of the reasons was this dip. I needed to make a finger food for a function we were having at church. I searched all my recipes and Pinterest and finally decided on this one. I had never made it before, but judging by the ingredients, it couldn't be all bad! It isn't very WW-friendly, but when you have some points to spare, I highly recomment making this one. Here's the recipe:



Philly Cheese Steak Queso Dip
Servings: 12
Points+: 6
Adapted from: Inside BruCrew Life

1/2 cup diced red and green peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
1 cup finely chopped deli roast beef (7 oz.)
1 can diced green chilis (4 oz.)
1 pound 2% milk Velveeta, cubed (16 oz.)
1/4 cup milk
baguettes or chips

Spray medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and saute the onions and peppers until tender. Add the roast beef and green chilis and stir until heated through. Set aside.

In microwave safe bowl, combine milk and Velveeta cubes. Microwave on high for a couple of minutes. Stir every 45 seconds - 1 minutes and cook until melted and creamy. Stir in the beef mixture. The original recipe calls for baguetts or chips, but I just cubed up a loaf of French bread and it worked perfectly!


Last night, I did Ripped in 30 - Level 2. I had bumped up to level 2 on Monday. I was feeling it yesterday and am feeling it even more today. I'm planning to do Yoga Meltdown tonight and hopefully it will help to stretch everything out. Hope you all have great day!

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment