Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes


Did you know that today was National Pancake Day? I had no idea until I heard it on the news this morning. When I heard that, the thought entered my mind to load up the griddle and pancake mix and make some for my co-workers this morning for breakfast. But then reality kicked in and I realized that I didn't have time to do this. If I would have known last night, it might have been a possibility. But since I didn't they were just going to have to go hungry today. Ha! Yeah right. Plus, I had just brought in some pound cake yesterday, so they should be good for a while. Instead, I decided to make pancakes for dinner tonight. I looked through a few different blogs and found a recipe for Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes. Maybe I am on an oatmeal cookie kick, since I had just made the Oatmeal Cookie Pie (so good!!) last week. But these are the ones that looked good to this pregnant lady. I remembered to plug them into the recipe builder on the WeightWatchers website first and they didn't seem that bad.

I think I might need to do breakfast for dinner a little more often. When I texted TC to ask him what he thought about having pancakes for dinner tonight, his response was, "Awesome!" I didn't realize he was such a big fan. Maybe I need to find some more pancake recipes! Ha! Here's the recipe:


OATMEAL COOKIE PANCAKES
from Tracey's Culinary Adventures

Servings: 5
Points+: 8

2 large eggs
2 cups fat free buttermilk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
4 tablespoons light butter, melted and cooled
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
heaping 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch freshly ground nutmeg

{If you aren't going to serve the pancakes until you've cooked all of them, preheat oven to 200 F. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and set it inside a baking sheet then place the baking sheet in the oven.}

Add the eggs to a medium bowl and whisk to break them up. Combine the buttermilk, maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla in a measuring cup then pour them into the eggs and whisk to incorporate. Add the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the bowl and stir just until barely combined (the batter may still be lumpy, that's fine). Set the batter aside to rest for about 5 minutes.

Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Set over medium-low heat. When the pan/griddle is warm, ladle about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake. Spread gently into a circle. Cook on the first side until the edges are set and bubbles form on the surface. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook on the second side until golden brown and cooked through. {If not serving immediately, transfer the pancakes to the wire rack in the oven.} Repeat until you've used all the batter.

Makes about 20 pancakes.


EXERCISE:
During lunch, I was able to get in a Prenatal strength workout. The video I have is Denise Austin's Fit & Firm Pregnancy. I don't know about the Firm part, but I'm definitely trying to get the Fit part during this pregnancy! I also got in over 10,000 steps today. That's pretty good for this pregnant lady!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment