Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas



Well, today is National Sticky Bun day. I made a batch of them to take into work today, but I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of them to do a blog post to share with you all. I hope you will forgive me. What this does mean is that I will have to make another batch of them to share with you all very soon. If not, I will make something equally delicious that I know you will all love. How does that sound? Deal?

What I am sharing with you is another easy peasy recipe using the Crockpot. I have been trying to find some new crockpot recipes to make for after the baby is born. Ideally, I would love to find some freezer meals that I can portion out ahead of time and then just throw in the crockpot in the morning and have a delicious meal ready for dinner in the evening. This is a recipe that was really good and really easy. I absolutely love fajitas and having a way to make them in the crockpot is even better. These aren't the most beautiful things when they're cooked, but then once you shred up the chicken and stir them around a bit, no one will ever know! This one will definitely be added to my list to make after baby arrives. Here's the recipe:

CROCKPOT CHICKEN FAJITAS
adapted from Stacy Makes Cents
Servings: 6
Points+: 5



1 yellow onion, sliced
3 sweet peppers, sliced
1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast
1/4 to ½ cup chicken broth, depending on preference (leave this out if you prefer a drier fajita filling)
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cumin
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
Squirt of lime juice
Tortillas
Fajita fixings

Combine sliced onion and peppers in the bottom of a greased crockpot. Lay chicken on top of veggies. Pour chicken broth over top. Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt, and chili powder. Give a nice quirt of lime juice over the top. Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours (or on High for 4 hours) or until meat is shreddable. When meat is done, shred with two forks and stir back into juices. Serve meat mixture with slotted spoon on tortillas with your choice of fixings.



EXERCISE:
In an effort to spend more time with my family, I have been trying to get some of my exercise in during my lunch breaks. It's times like this that it's really nice to live close to the office! During lunch yesterday, I got in my 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds video. At was nice to know that I already had worked out and didn't have to try to fit it in during the evening routine. It also gave me a little extra time to work on the sticky buns :-)

So long for today...

1 comment: