Monday, February 18, 2013

5 for Five

FantasticallyAverage

So I found some new blogs recently. I'm always looking for new ones to add to my feed, and I'm especially interested if they're local blogs. I love the idea of having a blogging community. I have seen a couple of Charleston area blogs in the past, but not too many that I could really relate to. I found a lot more today that I have added to my feed to see if I want to continue to follow them. If I like them, I will go ahead and add them to my Blogroll page, so be on the look out for that.

One of the blogs has something called 5 for Five. Here is a link to the information about what this is. I think it sounds like a great idea and something that I really need right now. I love accountability these days and I'm trying to have more, so I thought this would be a great way to add some more to my life.

So here is my first 5 for Five

1. Exercise at least 3 times.
The last few days, I have been out of town and have gotten no exercise in. I can feel this, both in my body and my mind. I love the effects that exercise have on me and I need to get back to it and get active again. I would really like to exercise more than 3 times this week, but I am getting to the point in my pregnancy that some nights, I am just worn the heck out and need to rest.

2. Post at least 2 blog posts (in addition to this one).
I don't like not doing very many blog posts these days. I really need to get back into the habit of posting a few days a week. I originally was saying one blog post, but I pushed it up to 2. Hoping I can get this one it for you all!

3. Track every B, L & T this week.
I tend to not track everything that I goes into my mouth and I think this is catching up to me. I'm gaining weight faster than what is recommended for me, so I really need to get this under control and I think tracking better will help me.

4. Stay off FB in the evenings until Addison is asleep.
I have become aware that I spend a lot of time on FB, especially on my phone. I attribute this to a pregnancy page that I belong to and like to check-in with. But I hate the time that it takes away from Addison. So I really want to stay off of FB until after she has gone to sleep for the night.

5. Try one new healthy recipe.
I have gotten kind of slack about my healthy recipes and especially trying new ones. So I want to try a new one at least once a week. This will hopefully give me some new ideas that are easy and delicious.

There you have it. My first 5 for Five post. Don't forget to check back next week to see how I did.

So long for today...

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Very glad to have you join us for {5 for Five} I'm glad that you did- you've got some great goals for the week ahead! I hope you find that this linkup gives you support & motivation for getting this all done. Thanks for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I'm always happy to join things like this to get new ideas and to make new friends. I love being accountable and I think this is a great idea! Can't wait to get know you all better!

      Delete
  2. I love your goals of staying off facebook until your daughter goes to sleep and planning one healthy recipe this week - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's something that I really need to do and really shouldn't be that difficult. Social media is way too much a part of my life these days!

      Delete