Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese


Well, here we are again! Another hump day, another post. I have to give you all an update on my workout efforts for this week. I didn't get any exercise in on Sunday, HOWEVER....Monday, I ran 3.3 miles and last night, I went to Zumba with my neighbor. She's been trying to get me to go with her for a couple of weeks now and last night I finally said yes! It was a lot of fun and a great workout. I'm definitely feeling it this morning, which is good and bad. I'm glad I'm sore, because I know I got in a good workout, but I'm mad at myself because I know it's partly because I haven't been very active lately. Anyway, I'm pretty proud that I've been active this week and I'm hoping to keep it up. It feels good to be back on track, and the scale is rewarding me for my efforts!


I know I usually do a WIAW post when I post on Wednesdays, but I wanted to share the new recipe with you all that I've been talking about. I think I will still call this WIAW, since I did eat this, and it might even have been last Wednesday! I've had this recipe pinned for a while now. When I was making up my menu plan for last week, I came across it and decided to give it a try. I'm really glad I did because it was so good. Everyone in the family loved it! It's pretty easy and comes together quickly, too! Winner, winner skillet dinner! Lol! Here's the recipe:


One Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
adapted from Damn Delicious
Servings: 8
Points+: 9

1 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
1 lb. lean ground beef
4 c. beef broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 t. chili powder
1 1/2 t. cumin
salt and pepper, to taste
10 ounces elbows pasta
3/4 c. shredded 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef and cook until browned and veggies are tender.

Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.

Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.

Enjoy!


I hope you all have a great day and rest of your week. I might try to surprise you with another post. It might even be another recipe! Stay tuned to find out!

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmn... Could almost fall under the category of Mexican Mac 'n Cheese. Still, any M 'n C is a winner dinner with me!

    ReplyDelete