Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Strawberry Frosted Donuts

Good morning friends! We made it through another Monday! This is going to be a busy week for me since we have Addison's birthday party this weekend. I still can't believe that she's going to be 5 already. That's half of a decade! Time goes by way too fast once you have kids. I'm trying to enjoy every moment that I can. Last night was spent at a make-up soccer game. Camden and I ran up while TC and Addison drove. It was such a beautiful night. I took advantage and got some exercise in, too.


Since strawberry season is in full swing and I've been making so many sweet things with them, I thought I would share one of my latest indulgences with you. Last Friday, I made these strawberry donuts. They're actually not bad for you either. I think the biggest thing that makes them better for you is that they're baked. I love my donut pans. I don't use them enough either. I might try to find some more recipes in the near future that gives me a chance to use them. The possibilities really are endless! Here's the recipe:


STRAWBERRY FROSTED DONUTS
adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Points+: 3
Servings: 6-7

1 c. all-purpose flour
6 T. sugar
1 t. baking powder
4 T. low fat or fat free vanilla yogurt
2 T. milk
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 T. unsalted butter, melted

3-4 strawberries
1 T. milk
1 - 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted

For donuts: Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Slowly add wet ingredients into dry- just until fully combined. Do NOT overmix.

Pipe the batter into a 6-donut pan. Fill each opening about 2/3 full. I used a ziploc bag with the corner cut off for this. Bake 8 to 11 minutes until donuts are firm and goledn brown. They will spring back when touched. Mine took a minute or two longer. Just keep an eye on them.

Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing. Once cool enough to touch, dip the donuts into the glaze a few times, depending on how much glaze you want on them. You could also wait for them to cool completely before doing this.

For frosting: Slice and puree strawberries. Pour into a medium bowl and add milk. Slowly stir in 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, adding more until you reached the desired consistency and coloring.


I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. I also shared them with our neighbors who also liked them. It's such a great Spring breakfast (or dessert!) idea. Be on the look out for more strawberry recipes coming your way.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment