Thursday, April 10, 2014

Struggling

Hey Everyone! I hope you're having a great week. This is my Thur-Friday, so I'm pretty excited. We're going camping again this weekend and plan to spend some time on the lake. We're supposed to have a beautiful weekend and I can't wait!

I'm going to be honest with you all. I have been struggling lately with being OP. In the past 3 weeks, I think I might have had 2 OP days. It's so hard for me right now. I know I've been busy getting the house ready for the move, but I hate giving excuses. I'm still working hard to get my steps in each day, but there have been a few days lately that I haven't reached my 10,000 a day. I think accountability is so important in a weight loss journey. So I guess I'm trying to be accountable to all of you.

My goal was to lose the pregnancy weight by the time Camden was 9 months old. I got close, but didn't reach that goal. Now, my goal is to lose it all by his first birthday, which is fast approaching. I don't have much to lose, only 4 pounds. I fit into all of my clothes. But it's just something about getting back down to where I was before I got pregnant that makes it important to me. I know there are celebrities that reach their pre-pregnancy weight within weeks of having their babies. I'm sorry. That's just not realistic to the typical new mom. It bothers me how much the media talks about this subject. My favorite celebrity dealing with pregnancy weight loss is Kristen Bell. Here is an article that discusses her feelings on it. I love that she isn't giving into the pressures of Hollywood to lose the weight. Sure, she wants to lose it. But she realizes that a woman's body changes after having a baby. So nice to see someone that is relatable!

As of today, I have 45 days to lose these 4 pounds. Sure, that's very attainable. But I just have to find the motivation and mindset that I need to do it. Any support you can offer me is welcome.

So long for today...

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment