Thursday, August 20, 2015

Easy Turkey Pasta Casserole

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you're all having a great week! We made it past Hump Day and are in the home stretch!

I was able to snap this picture on my way into work this morning. I have really been enjoying the beautiful sunrises that we’ve been having lately! I don’t mean to get too deep today, but sometimes, we get so busy that it’s easy to miss all of the beauty in the world around us. It’s nice to stop and take notice from time to time.

I’m back today with one of the new recipes I promised you in this week’s meal plan. This recipe comes from Skinnytaste. She is one of my favorite WW bloggers. I love when I’m able to find recipes that are easy, use ingredients that I already have on hand and the family loves. Camden had three helpings of this one. Granted, we had a busy day and he was pretty active, but I like to think that it’s because he liked it so much, more than the fact that he was probably extremely hungry!

Here’s the recipe:

Easy Turkey Pasta Casserole
Source: Skinnytaste
Points+: 8
Servings: 8

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 T.olive oil
1 c. chopped onion
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup finely diced carrots
1 (14.5 oz can) petite diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups light spaghetti sauce
2 cups water
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz uncooked pasta (I used Barilla Protein pasta)

Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned. To this, add onion, pepper, celery & carrots. Cook until veggies are tender. Add in tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, water, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.

Remove from heat. Spoon a little bit of the sauce into a 9x13 pan and spread over bottom. On top of this, pour in the uncooked pasta and spread over sauce. Cover the pasta with the rest of the sauce mixture. Top sauce with cheese.

Cover with aluminum foil and baked covered for 50-55 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for about 10 more minutes before serving.

Enjoy!


I hope you all have a great day! I have at least one more recipe to share with you soon. So be on the lookout for that!

So long for today…


No comments:

Post a Comment