Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Fun Facts {8/21}

Happy Fri-Yay everyone! I’m so looking forward to this weekend for so many reasons. It has been a rough week for me and I'm so glad that it's finally going to be over!!  This weekend is probably going to be another busy one, so let’s just dive right in…

1. We have survived the first week of school! Addison started first grade on Monday. It really hopes that she loves going to school. Her teacher is a first year teacher right out of college. She seems just as excited as the kids and I have high hopes that it’s going to be another great year.

2. It seemed like as soon as school started, there was a change in the air. I felt like I could feel Fall in the air. I’m sure its totally a mental thing for me since the kids were all headed back to school, but it just seemed like I could feel/smell/see that Fall was headed our way. Honestly, since school is back in, I’m all for the arrival of Fall. This has been such a hot and humid Summer in our area and I’m ready for the cooler temps that come with Fall.

3. I’m also ready for all things pumpkin! I’ve been finding all kinds of things on Pinterest to make that use pumpkin. Some of my favorites are Mini Pumpkin Pies and a Pumpkin Pound Cake.<--- Are you kidding me?!?! I’ve also been buying all things that smell like pumpkin, too! Bath and Body Works has been having some good sales lately and totally sucked me in. I’ve bought my Sweater Weather Wallflowers, and pumpkin scented soaps and candles. Now, I’m just waiting for the most appropriate time to start using them! September 1st? October 1st? What do you think?

4. We finally have a whole foundation for TC’s garage. It took over a month and a half, but it’s finally done. As soon as the county inspector gives us the ok, it’ll be full speed ahead on getting that thing built.

5. Thank goodness my parents are headed back to South Carolina soon. My dad will be the foreman for the garage project and is coming back into town just in time. We have a dead line of December to have the whole building and all of the electrical work complete. It seems like such a long time from now, but will be here before we know it!

That’s it for now. Time to take care of some things so I can get started on this weekend.

So long for today…

No comments:

Post a Comment