Saturday, August 8, 2015

Weekend Recap {8/10}

Wow!! Where did Monday go? I hope yours went as quickly as mine!! This is the first few moments I've had to put this post together. As I told you yesterday, it was a pretty busy weekend. We got a lot accomplished, but still found time to relax and enjoy one of our last weekends before school starts.

Friday evening, we met my sister and her family for dinner then ran a couple of errands. I'm on a quest for a couch for, what is currently, our front living room. This is going to be converted into a playroom, but I have a feeling, it's going to end up as our primary living area in the months that we don't want to curl up by the fireplace. I have a very specific vision of what kind of couch I want in there and have been trying to find one for about a month now. I tried a couple out on Friday at La-Z-Boy, but still haven't made my decision yet. The quest continues...

Saturday morning, Addison and I met my sister and niece for a run with my Moms Run This Town group, or what should have been, but only one ther person showed up. We still had a great time and got some exercise knocked out. I love these runs with my group. Plus, Addison and I both got a medal. Who wouldn't love that?! After we got home, we had to get ready for a birthday party for a friend of Addison's. She had so much fun and is getting closer to learning out to swim without her PuddleJumper. It's a pretty exciting time for us!

Sunday was just a great and well-rounded day. I started by getting up early and knocking out a 3.56 mile run. I've really started enjoying running again. I wish I would have started with these early weekend runs sooner! We went to church and then did our grocery shopping. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, doing laundry, swimming, cooking, making valances for our breakfast area and a little more swimming. I was feeling domestic with the valances. Plus, they look pretty good, too!

All in all, it was just a great weekend! We are headed out of town again this coming weekend and it was nice to have a local weekend again to get some more stuff done around the house. I'm pretty happy that we are checking things off of the to-do list. But I still feel like there is so much to do. One thing at a time, right?

I hope you all have a great week!!! Savor these last week(s) of Summer. They'll be gone before you know it!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment