Thursday, October 15, 2015

Meringue Ghost Cookies

Happy Thursday everyone! We made it through hump day and are on the down hill slide to the weekend! I'm really looking forward to the weekend more than normal! We have some pretty exciting things going on, especially for Addison and Camden. I will fill you all in with lots of pictures after the weekend. I might do a weekend recap just to get it all in. The kids are definitely going to have a good time!


I've decided that I'd like to share some recipe posts with you all for the Fall. My goal is to share one recipe a week with you that we've tried. This week, I'm sharing these adorable Meringue Ghost Cookies. Addison and I made them Sunday afternoon and had so much fun. The hardest part is waiting for them to bake and then allowing them enough time to cool. Addison has my (lack of patience) but she did great waiting for these. I love meringue, especially when it's home made! And how cute are these as ghosts?

Here's the recipe:

MERINGUE GHOST COOKIES
Points+: 1
Source: Food Fanatic
Servings: 20

4 egg whites
1/2 t. cream of tartar
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. clear vanilla extract
candy eyes

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar and beat on medium speed until the mixture begins to froth. Gradually add in the sugar (I added mine in 1/4 cup at a time). Increase speed to medium-high and beat the mixture until stiff peaks form, about 5-6 minutes.

You can use either a piping bag with a round tip, or I used a gallon size Ziplock freezer back with the corner snipped off. Spoon the meringue mixture into the bag and pipe little mounds onto the parchment paper. Add the candy eyes to the ghosts before you put in the oven.

Bake for approximately 1.5 hours at 200 degrees or until the meringues are dry and crisp when you touch them. Turn the oven off and leave them in the oven for about 3 hours. This allows them to completely dry. ENJOY!!

These can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.

These were so much fun to make and they really are easy. I took a few to work to share and everyone got a kick out of them and said how good they are.

I hope you all have a great day and weekend if I don't get another post up before Sunday.

So long for today...


 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. These are BEYOND cute! I made strawberry Santas one Christmas and was so proud of myself.. these look similar =)

    ReplyDelete