Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap {10/19}

Happy Monday friends! I hope this Monday is taking it easy on you. As promised, I'm back today with a recap of the weekend's festivities.

Friday was my day to work :-( but as soon as I got that out of the way, we packed up and headed to my parents house. After dinner, I set out to try to get some miles for my running group's challenge. It was a beautiful evening and I was able to get 4.25 miles in (with TC's company on the bike) before the darkness set in. Just about the time I got back, my sister and niece showed up, which got Addison pretty excited! The kids played while my sister and I tried our hand at making some signs for the parade the kids were going to be in the next day. Since we had two princesses, we decided on a "Twice Upon a Princess" theme. It took a while, but we got all the signs colored and glittered up!

The next day, my sister and I set out and was able to get 4 more miles in. After we got back, it was full-on dance mom mode.
We did hair, makeup, dresses and more glitter.
We dressed Camden as a pumpkin to go with the princesses.
We all made it up to the parade about 15 minutes before it started. The parade was for the Peanut Festival in the town where my parents live. It was a very short parade, but everyone had a great time.
My parents let us use their (replica) 1928 Ford Model A.

It was just a fun day for all of us. We hung out at the festival afterwards with TC's cousin and his wife and adorable baby boy. After that, we headed back to my parents for dinner and 3 more miles (walking) with my sister. After dinner, we headed home just in time to put the kids to bed so TC could watch the Clemson game.

Sunday was my long run day and all of the other exciting normal Sunday activities (grocery shopping, laundry, etc.) although the kids did have a lot of fun making faces on the pumpkins hat I got at the grocery store.

I woke up early this morning for my Yoga Fix (the stretch felt great on my sore running muscles) and I'm ready to face the week!

Do you have anything exciting planned for the week or next weekend?

I hope you all have a great week. I'll check back in a couple of days with another fun recipe for you.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment