Thursday, October 29, 2015

Mummy Pizzas

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great week! I'm so glad the week is almost over! I'm really looking forward to this coming weekend. We have a pretty busy Saturday planned including my long run (I should hit my 13.1 this weekend!!), visiting friends and some trick-or-treating. It's going to be a pretty busy day, but so much fun!! 


In keeping with the Halloween-theme, I made these mummy pizzas a couple of weeks ago. They're cute, easy and delicious! They were a pretty big hit with the kids, too! I'll give you the recipe for one and just multiply it by however many you need to make.


Mummy Pizzas
Servings: 1
Points+: 4

1 piece of high fiber bread
1 T. pizza sauce
1 piece part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
2 mini turkey pepperonis

Spread pizza sauce over bread. Arrange cheese strips on top of sauce to resemble a mummy. Place pepperoni for eyes. Place in toaster oven or under broiler just until lightly toasted and cheese starts to bubble.

You can also use sliced black olives for the eyes. But I knew my family would like the pepperonis better.


I served these along with some hearty soup one Sunday evening. That recipe will be coming soon, too. So be on the lookout.

I hope you all have a great day! What are you or your kids dressing up like for Halloween?

So long for today...




1 comment:

  1. So cute! My baby is going to be a mermaid but I started dressing her up in Halloween outfits today already because we have so many =)

    ReplyDelete