Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer Spaghetti

Well, I told you I would be posting this recipe soon! And to be honest, I'm just as surprised as you are that I'm getting it up this quickly. I've been commuting to my real estate training for the last week or so. I'm not supposed to be here until 9:00, but I head down the road after I drop the kids off at 7:00. It's usually only a 45 minute commute, but you never know what you might hit on the way, so I like to give myself a little bit of extra time. Since I had some extra time this morning, I figured why not go ahead and get this recipe up on the blog.

I saw this recipe posted on Food, Fitness and Family a couple of weeks ago. I honestly didn't think that I would make it until I realized that I needed a recipe yesterday and I already had most of the ingredients on hand. Plus, I needed something that would work with the 21 Day Fix Extreme and a light bulb came on in my head. I went back and looked at this recipe and decided to give it a try. I'm really glad that I did, too! It was really good and so incredibly easy! TC and the kids weren't too thrilled about the zucchini and yellow squash in it, but as far as I'm concerned, they can just pick them out. They're still getting in veggies with the sauce. If you're looking for a quick and delicious recipe to try, I definitely recommend adding this one to your menu plan for next week! I used a recipe for some turkey meatballs (which I will be posting the recipe for at a later time), but the recipe calls for chicken. So, just use what you prefer :-)

SUMMER SPAGHETTI

Source: Food, Fitness & Family
Servings: 6 - 8
Points+: 8

1 box whole grain spaghetti
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1 medium yellow squash, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 1/2 c. tomato sauce
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 c. diced tomatoes
2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
Shredded parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and veggies, salt & pepper and cook until veggies are tender. Add sauce, tomatoes and spices and heat until sauce is warm.

Serve with chicken (or meatballs) and top with shredded parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment