Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weekly Menu Plan & Fitness Recap {9/20}

Happy Sunday to you! I hope the weekend is treating you well. We have been on the go so far. Today should be more relaxing though since we are headed out on the water. We have been so busy and the weather has been so hot this year, that we have hardly gone out, but hopefully, that will change in the next month or so.

We decided to book a camping trip in November, so that will be helping me to narrow down the half marathon choices. I still feel like I'm testing my body to see if it can make it through the training. Once I see how I feel, then I'll decide whether or not I want to register. I had my long run yesterday morning and my knees were killing me the rest of the day. I'm hoping that the new shoes I ordered, plus some custom inserts will help to ease my knee pain.

Here's the plan for the week:

Menu Plan:
Sunday - Grilled Hamburgers
Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Out to Dinner
Wednesday - Grilled Turkey Brats
Thursday - Crockpot Chili
Friday - Taco Fiesta Bubble-Up Casserole
Saturday - Crescent Chili Dogs

Fitness Recap:
Sunday - 3.16 mile run
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Body Revolution Workout 7
Wednesday - Body Revolution Workout 8
Thursday - Body Revolution Workout 7
Friday - Body Revolution Workout 8
Saturday - 9.02 mile run

I'm looking for advice on running shoes. What are your favorites brand and styles?

I hope you all have a great week!! 

So long for today...


2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Nike Zoom. I used those for my long races and feel like they are light enough for me. Have you gotten your arch tested? I did recently at The Dicks sporting goods in Mt P!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion! You're actually not the first person to recommend the Zoom. I might go ahead and look into them. Thanks for the suggestion! I went to Fleet Feet in Summerville and had them me. I overpronate :-(

      Delete