Thursday, September 10, 2015

Friday Fun {9/11}

Haaaaappppyyyy Friday!! Or should I say, FRI-YAY!! I hope you all had a smooth week!! It went pretty quickly for me and isn't that what's really the most important? We made it to the weekend!! So let's get things going!!!

1. Happy Patriot Day to you. It's such a somber day of remembrance. I think we all will remember where we were when the news started coming in about the attacks. I was actually in relatively close proximity to the plane that went down in PA. I was working for a digital mapping company at the time and my job was to drive all of roads and make corrections and updates to our mapping database. It was a pretty interesting job. The county in which I was working was right beside Somerset county and I was right over the border. I kept hearing about it on the radio, but I didn't get to see any of the video until I got home that evening. Such a scary day for our country!

2. I've been trying to help Fall along by having my skinny chai lattes again. It could be that it's just part of my morning routine while I'm driving Addison to school. Or, it could just be that I like them. Either way, I'm hoping that by drinking them, Fall might come a little bit quicker. Ha!

3. We have a roof (or almost half of one) on the building. Hopefully, things will go smoothly over the weekend and all of the actual structure will be finished up. Then we will have the doors and electric to do and it will be done! Yay!! I'm soooo looking forward to that day! We absolutely couldn't have done this without my dad. He has been here every.single.day. working on this. And my mom has been right here, too helping to pick up the slack with the kiddos. I'm so thankful to them both. And the rest of my family (brother-in-law, uncle, sister and aunt) has pitched right in along with TC's cousin. I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful people we have in our lives helping us. It's during something like this that you see who you can really count on. People always say they'll come help you out, but you find out who is sincere and has your back when it comes down to actually doing the work!

4. My half marathon training is still going well. I still haven't signed up for a race yet and don't even k ow which one I'm hoping to do yet. Im still testing my body to make sure my knees (and everything else for that matter) will hold out! It's actually pretty exciting for me. Once I passed the 6.2 mile mark, every long run I do is the longest run I've ever done!

5. I've signed up for the Tone It Up Fall Challenge. I downloaded the Charity Miles app to go along with it. For every mile you log with the app, a donation will be made to the charity if your choice. I figured since I was doing all this running anyway, why not help a charity out along the way? Sounds like a win-win to me!

6. These two! They're so sweet with each other. It absolutely makes my heart so happy and full to watch them with each other. I hope they are always this close!

Ok, let's end it with that! I hope you all have a great weekend!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment