Friday, September 25, 2015

Power Balls


I have a confession to make. I've been holding out on you all. I've been enjoying these delicious little power balls lately and haven't shared the recipe with you. They're so good. They're really easy to make, too. I've tweaked the original recipe a little bit to make them even easier, and in my opinion, better.

I like to grab a couple of these to eat with my eggs in the morning or if I need an afternoon pick-me-up I'll eat a couple. I also like to eat one in the morning after my workout to hold me over until I get to eat breakfast. You can change up the recipe even more if you want to.


Here's the recipe:

POWER BALLS
Source: Elinor Harris
Points+: 2
Servings: 42

3 c. old fashioned oats
1/3 c. ground flaxseed
1/3 c. chia seeds or wheat germ
1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
1 c. natural peanut butter
1/2 c. honey

In large mixing bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, chia seeds (or wheat germ) and chocolate chips. Stir until mixed. In separate bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey. Stir together until smooth. Add this mixture to the oat mixture. Stir with a spoon, then with hands. Roll into balls and place in a cookie sheet. Put the cookie sheet in the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the balls to firm up. Store in refridgerator. 

** I used my cookie scoop to measure the mixture, then loosely rolled them and placed on cookie sheet.


I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! The recipe makes a lot. I like to keep a smaller container in the fridge all the time so they're easy to just grab and go.

Have a great weekend everyone! We are definitely planning to. I'll check back in on Sunday with the weekly Meal Plan.

So long for today...
 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I should definitely make these.. I never have the time to eat during the day and always just look for snacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! They're so good and easy. I keep making them once I run out because theyre definitely a lifesaver some days!

      Delete