Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Baked Zucchini Chips

Well, here we are! We made it through Monday. Our Monday started out pretty nasty with a ton of rain. I think I heard somewhere that downtown Charleston got over 6 inches of rain. I guess there were some "King Tides" that were making the flooding even worse than normal. No thank you! I do live in the Lowcountry, but I live in the higher region of that Lowcountry.

One of my favorite snacks lately has been these zucchini chips. I normally make mine at work in the microwave, but this baked version is just as good. It just takes a little bit of time. I like to pair this with some plain Greek yogurt with some ranch dressing powder mixed in. Such a yummy snack and only 1 pp 1/3 c of the dip. I love it!

Here's the recipe for the chips:

BAKED ZUCCHINI CHIPS

Source: Table for Two
Points+: 0
Servings: 1

1 large zucchini
salt
olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 225 degrees.

Using a mandolin, thinly slice the zucchini. Remove the excess moisture from the zucchini by placing on a paper towel and placing another paper towel on top. Place the zucchini on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt.

Bake in oven for approximately 2 hours, or until the chips are golden brown. Allow to cool on a baking sheet. These can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days.

These are so easy! The hardest part is havig the patience not to open the oven to check on them! I did switch my baking sheets halfway through to help them to bake more evenly.

Please leave me a comment below to let me know if you'd be interested in the microwave version, too! I hope you all have a great day today! 

So long for today...
 photo BlogSignature_zps1655d88b.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: