Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Fun {9/4}


1. First and foremost, I want to start off by saying Happy Fri-yay everyone!!! Here's to a nice long Labor Day weekend!! 


2. This was another doozie of a week. It really wasn't even the whole week. Wednesday just flat out sucked for us. Yes, they're all first world problems, but just stick with me. First, the Dish went out (I know, major First world problem!!), so we had to meet the repair man that morning. Then, I got a call from the school nurse that Addison's throat had gotten worse during the day and I went and picked her up. Thankfully, Mimi came to the rescue and met me at my office after I picked her up and she took her up to their house for the afternoon. During lunch, TC realized the battery in the lawn mower had died and had to buy a new one. Our upstairs A/C wasn't cooling, so we had someone come out to take care of that. And to top the day off, Addison ended up with a 102.6 degree temp. I took her to urgent care and she tested positive for strep. By the end of the day, this mama was just done!

Moving on...

3. Who else is so ready for Fall? I know we are already into September, but I haven't gotten out any of my Fall/Pumpkin themed stuff. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the Labor Day holiday holding me back? Who know. Maybe I'll break out some stuff over the weekend. These 90+ degree days keep telling me that Fall isn't quite here yet.


4. Construction on the building is going a little slower than we would like. It turns out, the contractor that poured the foundation didn't set the 18 inch bolts correctly, so the guys are having to make all kinds of adjustments to make up for it. Hopefully, the worst is over and things will pick up. Of course, since I said that, they'll probably find another issue today. Fingers crossed they don't!!

5. On a good note, my half marathon training is going pretty well. I'm not using any kind of formal plan. I just keep increasing my mileage each week and follow-up the next day with a recovery run. I still haven't registered for a race or even decided which one I want to do yet. But that will be decided soon :-)


6. Can I just say how awesome FitBit is? TC started having problems with his Charge last week. After a few emails back and forth, they're sending out a new one free of charge. Now THAT is excellent customer service!!


7. I think we might finally be finishing up our half bath project. We hit a snag with the vanity top special order we placed over a month ago. It's been a long road, but our second one is in and as long as this one doesn't have a crack in it, we should be good to go!! I'll post some before and afters of the project. I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out.

I hope you all have a safe and Happy Labor Day weekend!!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment