Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Last year, after Addison came home from her first day of school, she asked me if we could make cookies. It had been a pretty hectic day for all of us, so, I thought she had a pretty good idea. I called them "We all survived the first day of school" cookies. 


So, when the first day of school came this year, I made sure to have all the ingredients on hand to make cookies again. I think this is a great tradition to start and hope to carry it on with Addison and (sooner than I'd like) Camden. I'm sure the day will come that one or both of them will be too "cool" to make "We all survived the first day of school" cookies with mom. When that day comes, I may drown my sorrows by eating all of the cookies. But until it does, I will just eat a couple of them and enjoy the memories that I'm making with my kids.

Here's the recipe:

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES

3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350° F.  Combine flour and baking soda and set aside.  In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and pudding mix.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Add flour mixture until combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Roll into 1″ balls and place on a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

I hope you all enjoy these as much as we do!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. I think that is such a great tradition! And, these cookies look and sound amazing! I am definitely going to have to make them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete