Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Slow Cooker Dinners for Busy Weeknights

So, the school year has started. We have two days under our belt. It's been a bit of an adjustment for me. Not only because it means I have to drive the whole way across town and back every morning, but the doors to school open 15 minutes later this year. This is a problem for me and made me have to adjust my workday. I no longer get off work at 4:30 every day :-( which means I don't have as much time after work to cook dinner and have it ready for TC, who now gets home about 5-10 minutes after I do. 

I've decided that the slow cooker will become my new best friend! The only problem I'm having with the recipes I'm finding is that most of them have cream of something soup in them. Here's the thing, I love cream of sodium soup as much as the next gal, but it's definitely not considered to be "cleanse-friendly."  I'm gearing up for another cleanse the end of the month and am prepared to have nothing but success! So, what I've done is put together these recipes to have in one convenient place to refer to once the meal planning and prep start for that cleanse.

Some of these might need to be slightly modified or I will make my own homemade version of an ingredient, but I think they can all fit in with the cleanse.

Seasoned Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans from The Magical Slow Cooker

Crockpot Chicken Fajitas from Southern Living Yankee

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken from Gimme Some Oven

Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew from Southern Living Yankee

Red Beans and Rice in the Slow Cooker from A Pinch of Healthy

Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken from Carlsbad Cravings

Slow Cooker Jambalaya from Southern Living Yankee

Healthy Slow Cooker Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Chili from A Spicy Perspective

This is a pretty good start. I'm going to continue looking so I have a good lost to work with and choose from. We don't want those picky eaters getting bored with dinners!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment