Friday, January 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Jambalaya



Happy Friday everyone! Well, we made it through another week! This one has been pretty challenging for me, but I made it through! Now it's a long weekend with a holiday on Monday and I'm going to try my best to relax. Ha!!

So today's recipe is another slow cooker recipe. It comes together so fast and is pretty good. When we had it, TC said that he thought it was his new favorite meal. If you wanted to change up the flavors in this you could. I didn't use the cayenne pepper that it called for, but that's because we don't like a lot of heat in our food, but if you do, you could even increase it!

Here's the recipe:

SLOW COOKER JAMBALAYA
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 6
Points+: 9


1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 c. cooked white rice or instant rice

In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.

Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Mix in cooked rice cook for about 15 minutes to warm through.


EXERCISE:
I'm still getinng in my exercise pretty regularly. I think this is part of what is helping me to keep my weight gain under control at this point. Plus, after spending my first trimester being so sedentary, it feels so good to be active. Last night I did a Denise Austin video. I did her Personal Training Sysytem moderate cardio and upper body work out. I earned just under 2 APs, but I might just have to round that up! Ha!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment