Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef

Hey there! Hope your week is going well. It's another long one for me. 5 whole days of work. But it's supposed to warm up for the next few days. Hopefully, I will get a chance to get out and get some walking done outside. Also helps to get some Vitamin D from the Sun!!

I tried another Emily Bites recipe over the weekend. Actually, I tried a couple of them, but let me tell you about this roast. It was absolutely delicious. It made the house smell incredible all day. My mouth was definitely watering by the time dinner time came. Then when I tasted it, oh my gosh! So good! It was so easy to throw together and defintely didn't disappoint when it came time to try it. Here's the recipe:


SLOW COOKER BALSAMIC ROAST BEEF
adapted from Emily Bites
Servings: 8
Points+: 6


3 lb round raw, boneless round beef roast, lean and trimmed of visible fat
1 cup beef broth
¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T reduced sodium soy sauce
1 T honey
½ t crushed red pepper flakes (I didn't use)
4 cloves garlic, minced

Place the meat in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.

Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.

After cooked, break it apart using a fork (the meat should fall apart easily). Ladle about ¼ - ½ cup of juice over the roast beef when you serve it.


EXERCISE:
Last night, I did the Floor Work portion of my Long & Lean Prenatal video. This was only the second time that I've done this. I thought I remembered it being pretty easy, but apparently I remembered wrong! Ha! It felt good to challenge my muscles and I plan to keep this one in the rotation more often!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment