Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew


Holy moly did it rain today. Downtown Charleston was flooded. It's amazing what just a few inches of rain will do. I'm so glad that I didn't have to go anywhere close to the downtown area today. I kept hearing reports on the radio about how everything was closed. As much as I would love to live closer to downtown, it's times like this that I'm glad I live a little further North of the city.

I'm on a roll with my slow cooker. I've been loving coming home from work with dinner either almost or completely ready and waiting for me. Tonight's dinner was no exception. I saw a commercial over the weekend with Tyler Florence making beef stew. I'm always getting hungry for things and this is a perfect example of how it happens. I saw the commercial and was instantly hungry for beef stew. I know there are so many recipes out there that have tons of ingredients and all kinds of herbs and spices, but it can be such a simple dish while still being delicious. Here's my recipe.

EASY SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
Southern Living Original
Servings: 4
Points+: 10


2 lb. beef roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
1/2 of a small bag of carrots
1 onion, cut into chunks
2 stalks celery, cut into medium pieces
1 packet onion soup mix
2 c. warm water
1/4 c. flour

In the bowl of the slow cooker, mix onion soup mix and water together and stir until soup mix is dissolved. Add flour and stir again until all the lumps are dissolved. Arrange beef on bottom of bowl and top with potatoes, carots, onion and celery, in that order. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I feel like I haven't had a real strength workout for a while, so I knew that I needed to get in a good workout tonight. I went back to the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout DVD. I'm still doing just the Last Chance Workout. I might start trying to work in some of the other workouts that are included with the DVD. We'll have to see how the rest of my week goes.

So long for today...



No comments:

Post a Comment