Sunday, August 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Bread


Well, this weekend is different than that past couple of weekends. It's Sunday evening and I'm actually kind of glad that the weekend is over. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family and friend on the weekends. The thing is, I'm so tired of making lemonade! Life has been handing my so many lemons lately and I've been doing my best to make lemonade with all of the lemons, but I'm ready for something different. I'd really like for life to hand me some strawberries or something sweeter than lemons. I could make all kinds of things with strawberries if I just had the chance!

Today, I decided to make somthing with bananas. Life didn't hand them to me, I had to go out and buy them, but when they start to get a little dark for me, I either freeze them to make "ice cram" or I make banana bread with them. I really wanted to make some from scratch instead of using the quick bread mix. I found this recipe on a blog that I'm working my way through. it has all kinds of different ideas for eating real food. I do think that this recipe could use a little bit of sugar, but it was still good the way it was. So good that TC had two slices after dinner tonight. Here's the recipe:

WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD
adapted from 100 Days of Real Food
Servings: 12
Points+: 5


2 ¼ c. whole-wheat flour
¾ t. baking soda
¼ t. salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
¼ c. plainfat-free greek yogurt
¼ c. honey
2 eggs
1/3 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.

Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.


EXERCISE:
I got in tons of exercise today. I got up this morning and went for a run through the campground and our corporate conference center area. They are both on the lake and have absolutely beautiful grounds. After that, we got packed up and headed back to the house. We unpacked, worked on laundry and went grocery shopping. I felt like I still had some stress that I needed to get out, so I went for another run. I've been taking it easy lately, but today I felt the need to get a pretty hard run in. I'm glad I did, because I felt a lot better after I got back. I never thought the day would come that running would be therapeutic for me, but it definitely has!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment