Here it is again! The last day of the month. Not only is August over, but Labor Day weekend is already here. Can you believe it? Luckily, one of the great things about living in the South is that just because Labor Day is here, we can still squeeze a little more out of Summer. The next few weekends are going to be busy and fun, starting with this weekend.
So since it's the last day of the month, that also means that it's time for my foodie pen pal reveal. This month, I was paired up with Stephanie from Munch I Munch. She was so sweet and really took the time to send things that she thought I would like. To be honest, she was spot on, too! Here's what she sent:
I may or may not have eaten two of the fruit strips right away. That's yet to be confirmed :-)
So I'm sure you're wondering how you can join this fun group. Here are the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penapl and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what's in the box, to a fun recipe...use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don't forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you're a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, Lindsay will keep two separate lists and match US with US and Canada with Canada!
You can also head on over to Lindsay's blog by clicking here.
If you want to see what I sent out this month, check out Jill's blog here. I'm so glad she liked everything!
So it's the end of another reveal and the end of another month. Can't wait to see what September has in store for us!
So long for today...