Monday, August 6, 2012

Cake Mix Snickerdoodles


Is it really Monday morning already? Where did the weekend go? I think that when you're looking forward to the weekend so much, not only does it go so much faster, but it's also so much more disappointing when Monday rolls around. As always, we had a very busy weekend again. We went to the beach, did some shopping and also just got the normal weekend things done around the house.

We went to a cookout with our neighbors Sunday evening. I volunteered to bring the dessert. I made two different desserts, but I wanted to share these cookies with you first. I don't know about you, but I LOVE snickerdoodle cookies. They're so good! I love the cinnamon and sugar on top of a soft cookie. There's nothing like it. I found a recipe for snickerdoodles made with a cake mix. I've grown to love cake mix cookies. They're so easy and always come out so moist and chewy! These were no exception! Here's the recipe:

CAKE MIX SNICKERDOODLES
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 36
Points+: 2


1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla

2 T. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.

In medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir until well combined.

Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon, roll balls of dough in sugar mixture and place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I didn't get my morning run in yesterday because we went to church. By the time we were back home, the humidity was through the roof and I knew there was no way that I was going to go out in it and run. It also started raining mid-afternoon and didn't stop until after dinner. I knew that I wanted to do some yoga last night, so I didn't want to do back to back workouts. I pulled out the 3 Mile Walk Away the Pounds video and walked away some pounds right there in my living room. Mother Nature can try to derail someone else's exercise plans! I did also get my yoga in with Level 1 of Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown. Always feels so good to work out with Jillian!

So long for today...



4 comments:

  1. These are a great cake mix cookie! Need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica - They're so easy but still so good! You probably already have the ingredients, too!

      Delete
  2. Great blog so happy I found it!! You are so talented!
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your's looks good too! I love that you include WW values on it with the recipes!

      Delete