Thursday, August 16, 2012

Orange Sesame Chicken


So happy that I made it through another week! How true is the song, "Working for the Weekend?" Honestly, my job isn't that bad, but if I had a choice between going to work or staying at home and enjoying a day with my family, 100% of the time, work would lose. This weekend, we are going camping and once again, I can't wait! We're going back to the same State Park where we stayed a few weeks ago, but this time, we're tripling the amount of people going. It should be a pretty nice and relaxing weekend. I can't wait!

Dinner last night was a new recipe. I took a picture of it for WIAW, but I didn't say much about it. Everyone said they really liked it and there were no leftovers which tells me they really did! It's a really simple recipe, too which, as you know, gives it bonus points in my book! Here's the recipe:

ORANGE SESAME CHICKEN
Adapted from ABPetite
Servings: 4
Points+: 5


4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
juice of 1/2 an orange
1 T. orange zest
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1 T. sesame seeds
1 T. wheat flour

Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add teriyaki sauce, orange juice and flour. Stir and allow to simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.

Remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onion on top. Serve with rice and snow peas. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Tonight I did level 1 of Jillian Michael's yoga. I didn't do it Sunday evening in lieu of going to bed, so my muscles thanked me tonight when I finally stretched them out some! I'm hoping to get up to do a run in the morning, but we'll see how cooperative Mother Nature is. Be on the lookout for any running posts tomorrow morning on Facebook!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. I love remaking my favorite Chinese take-out dishes. This looks delish. Have a great time camping! :)

    ReplyDelete