Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pineapple Soy Slow Cooker Pork Sandwiches


Why do I feel like I start most of my Sunday night posts asking if the weekend is already over? That's what I feel like again this week. I guess that's a good thing because it means that I have good weekends. This one was no exception. We had a great time camping at the state park. We floated down the Edisto River. It;s a nice relaxing float that lasts between 3 and 4 hours. Ours was a little less than 3 hours because I do relax easily and had to help us a long in a few places. But contrary to what my sister things, I still had a good time and might even do it again sometime.

Friday, I had some pork tenderloin sandwiches cooking in the slow cooker all day. The house smelled amazing! I couldn't wait to try these sandwiches for dinner. I definitely wasn't disappointed. They were so good! The bread and butter pickles as well as the mayonnaise really make these sandwiches. They're so easy. I love putting something in the crockpot and then hours later, it's done! Can't beat it! Here's the recipe:

PINEAPPLE SOY SLOW COOKER PORK SANDWICHES
adapted from Steph's Bite by Bite
Servings: 6
Points+: 14 (includes rolls)


3-4 lb pork tenderloin
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup pineapple juice
Light Wheat Rolls
Bread and Butter pickles
Light Mayonnaise

Spray the base of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, then add in the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, water, and pineapple juice. Put the lid on top and set on LOW for 10 hours.

After pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using two forks shred the pork (the meat should just fall apart). Pile the pork on the rolls, then top with the bread and butter pickles. Add mayo to your taste. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
I am very happy that I got 3 runs in this weekend. They ranged between 3 and 4 miles. We had some pretty nice weather the last few mornings and I have taken full advantage of it by getting my runs in in the morning. Since it's Sunday night, I'm going to do some yoga as soon as I post on my blog tonight. It's been a few days since I posted something and I knew you all were waiting patiently for news from me :-)

So long for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment