Friday, August 3, 2012

Monkey Bread


Today was the return of my flex Friday. With the 4th of July holiday and then swapping a couple of Fridays with a co-worker, it's been a couple of weeks since I had my official flex Friday. I was definitely ready for this one, too! After I had Jimmy touch up my roots and ends, I met a friend of mine from PA at the beach. I saw her last year when she and her family came down. Unfortunately, that was also the day that I got stung by the jellyfish, so the visit was cut a little short. It's always so nice to see her. We used to work together up home and she was one of my closest friends. It's funny how you don't realize how much you miss someone until you get to see them again. Does that make sense?

Yesterday at work, we had a farewell celebration for one of my co-workers that will be moving to a different department next week. We decided to have a breakfast to send him off. When I asked my co-workers what they wanted me to bring, they all voted for the monkey bread that I make. This is a recipe that I got from my mom many years ago. I'm not sure where it orignated, so apologize that I don't have the original source. I can tell you that this is so easy and so good. I never have any to bring home to TC, which disappoints him. Here's the recipe:

MONKEY BREAD
adapted from My Mom
Servings: 12
Points+: 9

24 frozen parkerhouse style rolls, partially thawed
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 4.6 oz. pkg. vanilla cook & serve pudding
2 T. milk

Spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each roll into quarters and place in bottom of pan.

In small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and pudding and stir to combine. Add milk and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy.

Pour over top of rolls.

Cover with aluminum foil and allow to rise over night. I let it sit out on the counter, but you can put it in the refrigerator if you want to.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and allow to sit for 2 - 3 minutes.

Invert on serving platter. Enjoy!

EXERCISE:
I decided to try one of my older workout videos tonight. I did the Firm workout, Total Body Time Crunch. I haven't done this workout in years. I'm going to be honest with you. I was pretty disappointed in it. I did the 25 minute workout and didn't even burn enough calories to earn one Activity Point. I had to do some jumping jacks and run in place for a few minutes afterward to make it to the 1 AP earned. I'm glad I got a good bit of activity in earlier today, even if I didn't add it to the tracker.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment