Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Creamy Chicken Cupcakes


I was so happy this morning to order my Sparkly Soul headband. I actually ordered two. Since the shipping was the same for two as it was for one, I decided to take advantage of it and bought two. After I spilled my scalding hot tea down my clothes as I was getting out of the car this morning and had to run home again to change out of my soaking wet clothes, I was pretty stressed out. I think it was a combination of that, plus I did SOO well last week, I was ready to rebel. And rebel I did. There is no way that I can track everything that I ate today. I am paying for it though. I need to remember that I just can't eat like that anymore without feeling sick. One of these days I will remember...

Dinner tonight was a new recipe that I found on a new blog. I love anything that I can cook in cupcake form. This one used chicken, which I had never tried before. The result was good, but not great. I really felt like these were missing something. I plan to figure it out and try again. But here is tonight's recipe:

CREAMY CHICKEN CUPCAKES
Adapted from ABPetite
Servings: 6
Points+: 4


1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 c. 2% milk Mozzarella cheese
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 c. fresh mushrooms, diced
3/4 c. onion, diced
1 T. garlic powder
1 T. bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place chicken in medium bowl and add in remaining ingredients, except for bread crumbs. Stir until well combined. Line a 12 cup cupcake pan with paper liners. Evenly distibute chicken mixture among the cups. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Well, after the revolving buffet that I indulged in today, I knew that I needed to get a good workout in tonight. I really didn't feel like it, but I knew that it was just necessary. So even though it was hot and humid tonight, I got in a 3 mile run. My iPod said that it was 3.9 miles, but I'm not buying it. I'm calling it 3 miles. I was just happy to get those 3 in. Hopefully, it will reverse a little bit of the damage from all the eating.

So long for today...

3 comments:

  1. it is missing some spice -- too much bland -- I'd try some mince pickled jalapenos or a can of diced green chilies and use a lot fat Monterrey jack cheese.

    ~Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that should have read LOW FAT monterrey jack not a lot fat

      Delete
    2. Helen - I got ya! I think those would make them taste a lot better...perhaps we will try this one again...

      Delete