Thursday, August 23, 2012

Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches


This week has been a very quick week, but it has also been very tiring. This coming weekend is going to be a short one, but I'm still looking forward to it. We're going to try to fit some camping in, but we have some other things to do, too. So we'll have to see how much camping we can get in. Even if we don't get much camping in this weekend, we can leave the camper on the campsite and might be able to get some in for Labor Day weekend.

I found another great slow cooker recipe and made it for dinner tonight. It was for these roast beef sandwiches that have some roasted red peppers in them. I was a little nervous about how they would turn out, but they were delicious! I loved them, TC said they were very good and Addison had two helpings. If that doesn't prove how good these sandwiches are, I don't know what will. Here's the recipe:

ITALIAN ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES
adapted from Crock-a-Doodle-Doo
Servings: 6
Points+: 5


1 can of beef broth
1 c. of water
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
3 T. italian seasoning
1 t. garlic salt
1 t. dried parsley
1 package Italian dressing powder mix
3 lb chuck roast or pot roast
1 hot pepper sliced (I didn't use)
1 jar roasted red peppers (by pickles), drained
1 bannana pepper sliced (I didn't use)

Mix all above together and pour over roast in the crock. Cook on low for approximately 7 hours. Pull meat apart with a fork and put back into crock. Serve on rolls and add cheese if you want. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Since I didn't get a workout in again yesterday, I knew that I definitely had to get one in today. It's been a very busy week and today was no exception. When we finally got home for the evening, I was exhausted again and just wanted to go to bed. After falling asleep with Addison and posting on my blog, a workout just wasn't going to happen. Luckily, I had gotten in the 2 Mile Walk Away the Pounds video. Yay me!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment