Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes


What a very long day! I'm so glad it's finally over. It was so long, I didn't even do my workout. While I really would have liked to have gotten one in, when it came down to it, I was just too tired. I thought about not doing a blog post, but since I took last weekend off, I figured I could muster up the energy to post one for you all. Plus, dinner tonight was really good and I wanted to share it with you.

I've been trying to find more slow cooker recipes. I found this really great blog that has a ton of them. So be prepared to see lots of slow cooker recipes in the coming weeks. After I threw this together and had it waiting on me when I got home, I wondered why I don't use the slow cooker more often. Hopefully, I will use it much more in the future and not have to cook so much when I get home from work. Tonight's recipe really couldn't be any easier and it was so good, too! Here's the recipe:

SLOW COOKER ITALIAN CHICKEN & POTATOES
adapted from Crock-a-doodle-doo
Servings: 4
Points+: 10


4 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
16-oz. bottle of fat-free Italian dressing
1/2 c. of Parmesan cheese
Italian seasoning
4 medium potatoes scrubbed and cut in wedges (you can peel if desired)
1/2 bag of mini carrots

Spray crock with Pam. Squirt a small amount of Italian dressing at bottom of crock-pot. Place two chicken breasts in crock. Pour some of the Italian dressing on the chicken. Sprinkle half of cheese onto the chicken. Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken. Place next two chicken breasts into crock-pot, if possible not directly on top of the first breasts.

Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of chicken. Pour carrots on top. Pour more of the Italian dressing on top of chicken and carrots. Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken and carrots. Place potatoes on top.

Pour the remaining Italian dressing on the potatoes. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the potatoes.Cook on low for 6-8 hours.


EXERCISE:
Sorry to report that I didn't get any exercise in tonight. I might have to do something extra sometime this week to make up for it. I have to keep telling myself that days of rest are good for my body. Maybe someday I will listen.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment