Monday, August 6, 2012

Chicken Gyros


We made it through another Monday! I hope you all fared well! I tried to face this Monday with a positive attitude and I think it might have made a difference. It really wasn't as bad as what it could have been. I stayed on plan with my eating and even got in a little activity. Tonight was a mommy and Addie night since TC had to work late. It all balances out since TC gets every other Friday is Daddy/Addie day.

Dinner tonight was a recipe from Pinterest. Ever since I made the other chicken sausage gyros, I had been wanting to find a recipe using chicken or another kind of meat. It really didn't take long to find a recipe that sounded good to me. These were really good. I know that you usually use pita bread, but I wanted to save some points and use my fat free tortillas. Please pardon the name of the blog that the recipe came from...Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN GYROS
adapted from A Bitchin' Kitchen
Servings: 4
Points+: 8


For serving:

4 fat free flour tortillas
diced tomatoes
diced red onion
dried parsley

For the chicken:

2 t. garlic, minced (about 4 cloves)
juice of 1 lemon
2 t. red wine vinegar
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping T. non-fat greek yogurt
1 T. dried oregano
A few shakes of salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cut into strips

Combine all of the above ingredients except for the chicken in a dish, and whisk together to make a marinade. Add in chicken, and turn to coat. Cover, and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

After the chicken is done marinating, heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. After skillet is heated, add chicken to the pan and cook until cooked through, 10 - 15 minutes.

Assemble gyros with chicken, tzatziki sauce, tomatoes, onions, and dried parsley, wrap in foil for ease of eating, and enjoy!

I also sauteed some red bell pepper and onions to add a little extra bulk to my gyro, but that is just a personal preference.


EXERCISE:
Normally, I like to have a day of rest the day before my weigh-in, but since the scale was up a little bit this morning, I wanted to have a little extra activity in my week. I also wanted to exercise since my workouts haven't had the intensity that I've been used to. I did the 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds tonight and used my light weights. I do try to use bigger motions when I do this video to burn some extra calories. Every little bit helps, right?

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE gyros, so I am adding another one to our list!

    ReplyDelete