Saturday, August 25, 2012

Grilled Potato Rounds


Good morning from the lake. We got here last night and enjoyed the cool weather. Apparently, its's also mayfly season, but hopefully, they will all be gone for today. These are something I never encountered in the north. They're really only bad around the lake, but when you're around the lake for that day or two they can be pretty annoying. Thank goodness they only live for one day. I'm planning to enjoy this beautiful weather while we're out here.

When we're cooking, we love to grill every chance we get. We decided on burgers for dinner last night and I finally got to make some potato rounds that I've been wanting to try. These can be changed up how ever you want to using what ever flavors you like. I know it may seem weird to use salt-free seasoning then put salt in them. I was going to try to leave the salt out, but when I tasted one, I realized they still needed the salt. So here's the recipe:

GRILLED POTATO ROUNDS
Southen Living Original
Servings: 4
Points+: 4


4 medium white potatoes
1 T. olive oil
1 T. salt-free garlic & herb seasoning
1/2 t. salt

Cut potatoes into 1/4 in. rounds. Place in bowl and pour remaining ingredients over top. Stir until all potatoes are well coated with the oil and seasoning.

Grill for 40 - 50 minutes, or until tender, turning every 15 minutes. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
After we got everything set up last night and had dinner, I decided to take a quick run. It was such a perfect evening for it, I definitely wanted to take advantage of it. The cool weather made it such a great run. Hopefully, the cooler weather will stick around for the rest of my weekend runs!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment