Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Simple Guacamole


Happy Tuesday everyone! Who else is happy that we have another Monday in the books? I'm so excited to have a short week this week, too. We have a very busy weekend coming up this week and having to work on Friday would really have gotten in the way of those plans. So I'm glad to have not only one extra day this weekend, but two because of Labor Day. Can't wait to get started on all the fun!

I think that guacamole is a love/hate type thing. People either love it or they hate it. I'm a recent convert. I used to hate it. Anytime I ordered anything that it came with, I always ordered it without. I didn't like the taste or the texture. Then I started hearing about how avocadoes have the good fats in them. So, a few months ago when we were eating at our local Mexican restaurant, I decided to try some. Surprise, surprise, I like it now! I'm not sure why, but it was so good. So I decided to try to make my own. Here is the recipe:

SIMPLE GUACAMOLE
Southern Living Yankee Original
Servings: 10
Points+: 3


3 ripe avocadoes, mashed
1 medium tomato, diced
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 t. salt

Combine all ingredients together and stir until mixed well. Place plastic wrap directly on top of guacamole and refrigerate for about an hour. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies or as a spread on your favorite sandwich. Enjoy


EXERCISE:
Last night, my hamstrings were a little sore. I'm assuming it was because I ran a little harder on Sunday than what I'm used to, but it wasn't anything that bad. I didn't want to push it, so I decided to do Level 1 of Yoga Meltdown. It really helped to loosen me up and got a little bit of exercise in at the same time. It was a two for one deal!

So long for today...


No comments:

Post a Comment