Monday, September 3, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip


Happy Labor Day everyone, or depending on when you're reading this, I hope you had a greay Labor Day weekend! We had such a great weekend. Of course it was busy, but we all had so much fun camping and getting to visit with friends and family. We've been on the go the entire weekend and that's made it go by so much faster! Of course, the weekend was also full of food, too! TC was excited because this weekend marked the return of college football. He's such a huge Clemson fan. Personally, my football season doesn't start for another week. Go Steeler!

One of the new foods we had this weekend was something that I've been wanting to try for a while. Last year, I tried jalapeno popper for the first time. I'm not a fan of spicy foods, so I didn't think I would like them. I mean, come on, the main ingredient is a hot, spicy pepper! Little did I know what I was missing out on. I tried them last year and loved them! We've actually made them ourselves a couple of times, too. I was pretty excited when I started seeing some recipes popping up for jalapeno popper dip. I thought about it and realized that it really can't be too hard. So I took a look at some of the recipes and decided to come up with my own. Here's the recipe:

JALAPENO POPPER DIP
Southern Living Yankee Recipe
Servings: 12
Points+: 6


16 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 c. light mayonnaise
1/2 c. fat free sour cream
1 3-oz. bag real bacon bits
4 - 6 jalapeƱos, de-seeded and diced
1 c. reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded

Topping:
1 c. reduced fat Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons light butter butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon, jalapenos and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl and stir until mixed well. Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish or 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Combine the crushed crackers, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a small bowl, stirring with a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Allow to rest for 5 - 10 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
This weekend has been full of running! I have run about 12 miles since Friday evening. That's a whole lot of running for this gal! I topped it off with about a 3.5 mile run today. While I enjoyed running where we were camping, it was nice to get back to my familiar neighborhood where I didn't have to run in circles the whole time. Even though it's Monday, it feels like a Sunday to me, so I will be doing level 1 of Yoga Meltdown.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment