Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Spaghetti Tacos


I don't know about you, but I am LOVING this fall weather. I can't even say that our Summer was unbearably hot, because it wasn't. We only had one week where the temps were over 100 degrees. I think it's the humidity that did me in. Starting this past Sunday, the humidity went on vacation. I know it's expected back any day now, but until then, I'm definitely enjoying this break. I've never been one to look forward to Fall, but that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

Apparently, there is a TV show on one of the networks called iCarly. On this show, one of the characters makes spaghetti tacos. My neighbor informed me of this tonight. I knew something about this before, but not all of the details. I saw a picture somewher of a spaghetti taco last week and I thought that they really couldn't be too hard and were actually a pretty cool idea. I cooked up my regular meat sauce, added some spaghetti, put it in a tortilla and topped it with cheese. Delicious! Here's the recipe:

SPAGHETTI TACOS
Southern Living Yankee Recipe
Servings: 4
Points+: 10


1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
1 green pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves carlic, minced
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Light)
3 cups cooked spaghetti
8 small tortilla shells

While spaghetti is cooking, brown ground beef in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until vegetables are tender. Add sauce and stir until combined with meat and vegetables.

After spaghetti is cooked, add to sauce and stir until noodles are coated with sauce. Distribute evenly among warmed tortilla shells. You can also top with low fat mozzarella cheese, just remember to add additional points. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
It was such a beautiful evening, I knew that I wanted to go for a run. I actually knew this all day and made sure I did it. Even though TC ended up working late, I made a point to still get my run in. I pushed Addison in the stroller and enjoyed the evening. Even though my pace was a little bit slower, I still managed to earn 4 APS!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment