Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Why is it that the weekend flies by so much faster than my week days? Nevermind. I already know the answer to that one. Something about time flies when you're having fun. Whatever the reason, this weekend sure did go fast for me. I've never done a weekend update on the blog, but I thought maybe I would since we did some fun things this weekend. Actually, it was only 2 things, but they were still "Blogworthy."

The weekend started with TC going to the movies with his brother on Friday. This was my way of getting him out of the house so that I could make some food for the game we went to on Saturday and also pack our suitcase and the car so we were ready to go Saturday morning. I also made the icing for the cupcakes that I made for the baby shower that I went to on Sunday. More on those later.

Saturday morning came way to early for me, but it was planned that way so that we could get on the road early enough to avoid most of the traffic for the football game. We had very little traffic on our way to the game and found our parking lot pretty easily, too. Shortly after we got there, we walked up to tailgate with some friends that have season tickets and an awesome parking place. We had so much fun and even saw the "Tiger Walk" where they stop traffic so that everyone can see the players get off of the buses. There was so much delicious food at the tailgate. I went WAY over points Saturday, but I'm not planning to go to another Clemson game for a while, so I wanted to enjoy it, which I did!

We made it to the game around 2:30. We wanted to be there in plenty of time to see the players touch Howard's Rock and run down the hill. Our seats were really good, especially once the sun moved far enough over to put us in the shade!


We were happy that we cheered the Tigers to a victory over Furman 41 - 7.

We stopped by a couple of tailgates of some friends after the game, then fought our way through traffic to the hotel where I think I fell asleep before my head even hit the pillow!

We got up early again this morning so that we could make it back in plenty of time for me to finish the cupcakes and get ready for the baby shower.

I made some cupcakes for one of TC's cousins that is having a baby in October. Her baby shower was today and I volunteered to make the cupcakes. I got some ideas from Pinterest a while back and had been working on them all last week. I was very happy with the way they turned out and everyone else was, too!

Now it's time to play catch-up on everything like laundry and meal planning for this week.

EXERCISE:
We made pretty good time getting home this morning, so I decided to go for a 3 mile run before I started on the cupcakes. It was a little humid, but not unbearable like during the Summer. I am still debating on whether or not I should do Yoga or a strength workout tonight or just relax and go to bed. If I wouldn't have indulged so much yesterday, I would just relax, but like I said, I sampled way too many treats, so we'll have to see what I end up doing.

If you want to see what decide, check out FB for my updates.

So long for today...



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend and YAY for college football! :) I took my boyfriend to his first college game a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete