Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan


I hope everyone made it through this Mon-Tuesday. I'm already looking forward to another fun weekend so I'm just trying to make it through the week. I kept busy at work today and that's exactly what I plan to do for the rest of the week in order to make this short week seem even shorter. We're headed to Charlotte this weekend to go to a couple of children's consignment sales. It's a tradition that we started a couple of years ago and plan to continue for a while. The sales are just an excuse for us to get together with some family and have a fun weekend.

A while back, my sister and I were talking about slow cooker recipes. I was trying to find some easy but delicious ones. She told me to try Chicken Parmesan. She said that it turns out so much better than what you would think. I was skeptical, but I still tried it. Man oh man was she right! There is something wonderful that happens when the chicken cooks all day in the spaghetti sauce. The sauce gets such a deeper flavor, too. I'm telling you, you definitely want to try this. Here's the recipe:


SLOW COOKER CHICKEN PARMESAN
Southern Living Yankee Recipe
Servings: 4
Points+: 6

4 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 jar light spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Light Smart)
4 T. light Mozzarella cheese

Spray bowl of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in bottom of bowl. Pour entire bottle of spaghetti sauce over top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours. About 10 - 15 minutes before you're ready to eat, top eat chicken breast with 1 T. Mozzarella cheese. Cover again to allow cheese to melt. Enjoy! - I like to serve mine with spaghetti, just remember to add the extra points.


EXERCISE:
I did a lot of running over the weekend and as it turned out, I didn't get my yoga in last night like I had planned. I really wanted to get it in tonight, but I simply ran out of time. I know, I know, no excuses right? But I can honestly say this isn't an excuse. Given the not so good night's sleep I got last night, my body needs sleep more than a yoga workout.

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment