Friday, September 14, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites


I have been running around tonight trying to get everything taken care of for tomorrow. Tomorrow is TC's surprise. I think I might be a little more excited than he is...maybe. I have the car all packed and ready to go. I suggested he go out with his brother tonight to get him out of the house so that I could take care of all the things I needed to without him looking over my shoulder to see what I was doing and packing. We are headed out first thing in the morning. I hope he likes it. I will update FB with posts if you want to see them.

Last night for dinner, we had some soup and these Cheesy Quinoa Bites. I had tried quinoa before, but wasn't too impressed with it. I think it's because we had it plain. This recipe has so many delicious flavors in it. I was surprised by how well these little bites held together, too. This is one that I will definitely be making again. I dipped mine in some ranch dressing while TC dipped his in honey mustard. But you can try something different if you want to. Here's the recipe:

CHEESY QUINOA BITES
adapted from So Very Blessed
Servings: 4 (7 piece)
Points+: 5


2 c. cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup shredded carrot
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. seasoning salt
1/4 t. freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, onion, garlic, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.

Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).

Bake for 15-20 minutes.


EXERCISE:
With everything going on tomorrow, I'm not sure that I will be able to get a run in, so I made sure to get one in tonight after work. It was only 3 miles, but it felt really good. The weather is really cooling down, too which makes running so much nicer these days.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Check out Facebook for some updates!

So long for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment