Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lasagna Cupcakes


We're almost there! This has been a never-ending weeks. Usually, the weeks that I work Fridays tend to go prety fast, but this one has definitely been the exception. I'm hoping that tomorrow doesn't drag by to slow so that I can get my weekend started! I'm really looking forward to staying local this weekend and trying to get some things done around the house, but also relax some, too. Those two go hand in hand, right? Ha!

Last week on my WW message board, one of the ladies mentioned that she was making lasagna cupcakes for dinner one night. So what do you think I've had on my mind ever since? When I was coming up with this week's meal plan, I knew that one night was going to be lasagna cupcakes. Well, tonight was that night. I love that these come together so quick. I actually cooked the meat and veggies last night, then came home during lunch and assembled them. When I got home from work, all I had to do was pre-heat the oven and pop them in for about 18 minutes and they were done. Pretty easy, huh? Here's the recipe:

LASAGNA CUPCAKES
adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Servings: 4
Points+: 9


1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/4 green pepper, choppe
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
24 wonton wrappers
1/2 c. grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
1 c. shredded light mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. low fat cottage cheese
1 cup spaghetti sauce, such as Prego Light

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.

Heat medium skillet over medium heat and brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and add onion, pepper and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender.

Press a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each cup. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce. Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.

Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
Today was such a beautiful day! The humidy was gone most of the day, although it did return a little this evening. I definitely wanted to take advantage of it, so I made sure to get a walk in after work. I did about 3 miles and each one of those miles felt great. I am definitely not looking forward to having to turn our clocks back this Fall. I'm going to savor every minute of daylight until then!

So long for today...

2 comments:

  1. I have made a few different type of "cupcakes" like these, but not lasagna! I will have to try some soon!

    Gosh, it doesn't seem possible that we are already nearing daylight savings time again. Didn't we just Spring forward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Racheal - They were very good! They really did taste just like lasagna!

      I know what you mean about the time change. I mush prefer the change in the Spring. Not only because we get more daylight, but we also get an extra hour of sleep! Ha!!

      Delete