Saturday, September 29, 2012

Homemade Egg McMuffins


I hope you're all having a great weekend. It's flying by as usual. We've been on the go already all weekend and I think we might be again tomorrow. Maybe after I go back to work on Monday I will get a chance to relax. Ha! Not likely, but a girl can dream, right?

I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Homemade Egg McMuffins a while back and pinned it, but never made it. Then a couple of weeks ago, someone on my WW Message Board was asking for new and convenient breakfast ideas. I told her about these sandwiches and realized that maybe I had better give them a try, too. I think it's pretty neat how you can bake the eggs in perfect shapes for the sandwiches. Here's the recipe:

HOMEMADE EGG MCMUFFINS
adapted from Macheesmo
Servings: 6
Points+: 7


1 package English Muffins
8 eggs
8 slices reduced fat cheese
8 slices Canadian bacon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Crack an egg into each of the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.

Split the English Muffins and lay them all out, nooks and crannies side up, out on a baking sheet. Pop this into the oven while the eggs are baking.

While those are baking, heat the Canadian bacon on the stove until warmed through.

When the eggs are done, allow them to cool for a couple of minutes, then start assembling sandwiches. Layer the Canadian bacon, eggs and cheese on top of one half of an English muffin. Then top with the other half of the English muffin.

These can freeze very easily, too. Just wrap them in aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag. When you're ready, you can either wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and microwave for about a minute, or even better, you can bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!


EXERCISE:
While the little one was napping this afternoon, I took the opportunity to get my walk in. I only walked 3 miles, but I must have really been booking it, because my HRM said that I burned 400 calories and earned 5 APs. That's a lot for a 3 mile walk...the most I've ever earned before. I'mh hoping that it wasn't a glitch or something and that I actually did burn that many calories, but who knows?

So long for today...

1 comment: