Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Mums


Sometimes, I like to think that I'm pretty crafty. If you don't believe me, just ask me and I will tell you! Ha! Over the weekend, I decided that I wanted to add a little bit of Fall flair to my house. While I was near Michael's on Friday, I stopped by and got some foam pumpkins. Then I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some of my favorite colored mums. There is something about these flowers that just scream Fall to me. I went home and did the followings:

PUMPKIN MUMS
2 large foam (or real) pumpkins
2 potted mums (medium size)
drill
box cutter or other tool to cut the foam

Cut the top of the pumpkin the whole way around, so that the entire container will fit down in the pumpkin. I set my down in and have the lip of the container resting on the top of the pumpkin.

Flip pumpkins over and drill holes in the bottom to allow for drainage.


Flip back over and slide the mums down in the pumpkins. Display wherever you need a little bit of flair.

I am very happy with the way these turned out. I think I might have seen them somewhere on Pinterest. Someone else told me that they saw them on the cover of Southern Living magazine. I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I'm very happy that I did get it. I like that I can leave these out straight through Thanksgiving. Hmm, looks like I need to start planning my Christmas craftiness!

EXERCISE:
Tonight, we were able to dodge the forecasted raindrops and go for a walk. It was a slower paced 3 miles, but we still got some movement in, which is most important. I also did some Yoga/Pilates work before I went to bed. I haven't been sleeping well, so I really need to get back into this routine again. I'm hoping that I can get to do some yoga/pilates at least 4 or 5 days a week. Wish me luck!

So long for today...

1 comment: