Thursday, October 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili


I love Fall in South Carolina. Even more now that Fall is here! Things are always a little slower in the South, right! I think it's just because they're more laid back about things. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the last few days and this weekend is supposed to be more of the same. Yes! I'll take all I can get! This evening, we went to my parents house for dinner and to watch the Steelers game. It was on NFL Network, which we don't get, so we used it as an excuse to spend the evening with them. Addison loves Mimi's homemade cinnamon rolls, too. So she was definitely a happy camper.

Since it's been a little bit cooler lately, I've been in the mood for some soup. Especially in the Crockpot. I finally got to make the Cream Cheese Chicken Chili that I saw on Plain Chicken a while back. It really can't get any easier than this recipe. And the result was some creamy delicous soup that we all loved! Here's the recipe:


CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN CHILI
adapted from Plain Chicken
Servings: 4
Points+: 9

1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 t. cumin
1 T. chili powder
1 t. onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.


EXERCISE:
Well, in addition to my 10,000+ steps that I got in today, I did one of my strength workout DVDs. I think I have been really slack in getting my strength work in lately. I guess it's just because I've really enjoyed the family walks that we have been going on. Plus, we've been so busy lately, usually by the time I have Addison down, I'm ready to go down, too! But I'm hoping to get more strength in. Let's see if it happens!

So long for today...

1 comment:

  1. I love chili, especially this time of year! This recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete